Sign up with your State's Organ Donor and Tissue Registry
Organ, Eye and Tissue donations are shared at the national level; however the laws that govern organ donations vary from state to state. In order to ensure your decision to be an organ donor will be carried out you need to:
1. Sign up with your State's donor registry (if there is one.)
2. Say "Yes" to donation on your driver's license or print, sign and carry a donor's card.
3. Make sure you are familiar with the laws governing donations in your state.
The Donate Life America Website provides a State-by-State Guide for visitors to find out how to become an organ and tissue donor in their state as well as the steps to follow to ensure that a decision to become an organ donor is carried out. Available at: http://donatelife.net/ and http://www.shareyourlife.org/
- Organ and Tissue Donation Statistics
- Be Inspired by the Gift of Life
- Get Your Organ and Tissue Donor Card Today
- Sign up with your State's Organ Donor and Tissue Registry
- Make Your Wishes Known About Organ and Tissue Donation
- Discuss Your Decision with Your Family: Ways to Start the Conversation
- Resources for Discussing Your Decision with Your Family
- Understand the Myths & Misconceptions About Organ and Tissue Donation
- More Myths & Misconceptions About Organ and Tissue Donation
- Organ and Tissue Donation: Resources